Our Treatment Process
Your smile is our priority and it’s our promise to provide all treatments in a safe and friendly environment for an enjoyable experience in our professional hands.
We are passionate about achieving high clinical standards which centre around our patients. As a prospective client, we want you to be fully involved in the decision-making process and aim to share enough information to allow you to understand your future Orthodontic plan.
Your First Visit
On arrival at our newly refurbished clinic in Letterkenny, you will be welcomed by our friendly staff, who will look after you throughout your visit for a relaxed and enjoyable experience.
The first appointment is an opportunity for us to understand your teeth and bite in detail to plan your future treatments according to your orthodontic needs. We will delve into the types of braces available and discuss a treatment plan that will achieve the best results. Previous case studies and visuals will be shared to demonstrate how your treatment may progress.
Once decided on a course that suits your needs, our friendly team will be on hand to book a series of future appointments, to begin your orthodontic treatment and a future journey to a new smile.
What to Expect at
Your First Appointment
We're Dedicated to Your Smile
To book your first appointment, complete the contact form below, and our professional team will be in touch to book a date and time that’s convenient for you.
We look forward to welcoming you into the practice and discussing your orthodontic needs.
Love Your Smile
Most Frequently Asked Questions
Your smile is our priority and we promise to provide all treatments in a safe and friendly environment for an enjoyable experience in our professional hands.
We are passionate about achieving high clinical standards which centre around you. As a prospective patient, we want you to be fully involved in the decision-making process and will share enough information to allow you to make a fully informed decision regarding your orthodontic treatments.
This will include:
- A gentle examination of your teeth with our specialist Orthodontic team
- Photos of your teeth, as well as X-Rays and a Digital Scan of your jaw
- A 3D preview of your future smile
- An overview of all your treatment options and the planned treatment progress
- A detailed quote and overview of what to expect for your next visit.
Treatment time is dependent on how much work there is to do. Treatments usually take between 12 to 24 months, but longer if the problem is particularly severe. A precise time frame will be provided at your first appointment.
Braces will not mark your teeth, but it is important to thoroughly clean your teeth and braces throughout treatment. If dental plaque builds around the brace, the plaque itself may damage your teeth.
Methods on how to clean your teeth and braces will be provided throughout your treatment and an interdental brush with instructions on how to use special brushes will be given.
Cleaning your teeth will be easy with clear aligners, as these can be taken out to brush and floss your teeth as normal.
Each process is different and depends entirely on your teeth’s condition. Without taking x-rays and photos, we are unable to advise on the best and quickest treatment to achieve your desired results.
CARE OF YOUR TEETH AND APPLIANCE
- Brush your teeth 3 times every day. Time yourself for 3 minutes and brush every surface of the tooth. Move the brush gently along the gum line using a small circular motion. Brush in and around all the brackets and wire of your braces. Be gentle but thorough. You do not need to scrub hard! Don’t forget to clean the inside surfaces next to the tongue.
- Please use the Interdental brush (smaller brush) after you have brushed with the orthodontic toothbrush. This small brush is excellent at getting between the brackets and into any small spaces.
- When flossing, threat the end nearest the cotton, into the bottom of the tooth on the lower teeth and the top of the tooth in the upper teeth, and gently rub up and down each side of the tooth. Don’t snap it down in between the teeth as you may damage the gum. Work methodically so that each tooth is flossed.
- Please use a fluoride mouthwash last thing at night, every night.
- The disclosing tablets- the disclosing tablets aim to check how well you are brushing your teeth.
Please read the information leaflet before using the disclosing tablets.
- Brush your teeth as normal
- Chew the tablet in your mouth but do not swallow it.
- Rinse your mouth out with water.
- Look in the mirror. Are there any pink areas on your teeth? This is the plaque that has been ‘disclosed’ and shows where you need to clean more.
- Brush your teeth again to remove the plaque (pink area).
Our professional and friendly team are on hand to assist you Monday to Friday between 9 to 5 PM.
We can book an appointment for you over the phone on 074 912 9400 or via e-mail at [email protected]negalorthodontics.com.
Alternatively, you can request an appointment via our website at any time of the day by completing the ‘request an appointment’ form online.
Our team will be in touch within 24 hours from your request, to book a date and time that’s convenient for your first appointment with our specialist team.
We look forward to welcoming you into our clinic and discussing your orthodontic needs further.